Tuesday, December 6, 2011

the internship - part I: the governmental printer

situation sketch:

I'm sitting at my internship desk (I have my own office... as an intern... quite decadent no :)) working on the computer and I come across an interesting report

I click on the print button, select some pages (to save the environment, after all I am talking about a 600 page report) and press "print"

25 minutes later I realize "ow right, I printed something" (which is normal given my short term memory dementia, like Finding Nemo's Dory)
I walked to the printer room where some little light is blinking "out of toner"

I look around... no toner
I check with my colleague, she says the following words: "ah yes, ehm... is it urgent?" - "no, not really" - "then maybe it's best to wait until tomorrow, Y. or M. usually replace the toner" - "ah ok"

now, three days including a weekend later Y. nor M. showed up

so I'm still waiting to print...
and I feel like becoming an ambtenaar of the government myself (oh boy...)

No comments:

Post a Comment