Wednesday, December 14, 2011

in the swimming pool

a little wave and celebration to me! I went swimming!! all together 850 meters if I'm not mistaking (counting and swimming at the same time is surprisingly difficult I must say... (or maybe it is my acute disability of doing several things at once... aka THE feminin capacity is not always applicable to me))

soit...

although I can't count and swim at the same time, I was able to remember some ...ehm... phenomena:

things you come across in a swimming pool
apart from the love handles and the very questionable bathing suits (some people really look like they go buy their bathing suits blindfolded), there are other ... ehm... issues you wouldn't expect in a swimming pool

first of all: central lane drivers, sorry... swimmers
this kind of driving is quite popular on Belgian highway (the average highway has three lanes, the middle one being particularly precious to drivers who don't belong there, like they see that lane literaly as the golden mean) but of course it annoys everybody trapped behind those drivers
they apparently also appear in the swimming pool
... it's annoying...
... they block the lane...
... create a "swimmer jam"...
and of course you can't pass them cause there are swimmers coming from the other direction and I don't swim fast enough :)

secondly: ghost drivers, sorry... swimmers
the outer lane in the swimming pool is particularly wide, wide enough for 3 lines of swimmers
everybody swims "on the right" of course, occassionaly a faster swimmer passes you in the "middle lane"
... or almost everybody...
last time I almost bumped into a ghost swimmer... he said "oops"
... "oops"... really?
guess he was British ...

thirdly : spitters
while swimming too enthousiasticly, some of the swimmers get a bit of water in their mouth and spit it out
usually in the pool
last week on me
I'm not joking ... I got "sprayed upon"
he as well said "oops"

swimming pools... always an adventure

No comments:

Post a Comment