Tuesday, January 29, 2013

euphoria vs. murphy - part I

you know those situations when everything goes wrong, but still one way or the other it can turn about into euphoria
or the other way around... but that's for later

last week I came home, happy to be inside, given the blistering cold
... -7° that was...
I know, I absolutely adore a fine and true winters day, but that's only 1) for the coating up and 2) for the looking forward to cosy warm inside temperatures
* note the "cosy warm inside temperatures" *


so, I came home, alone
which means not only an empty house, but also a cold house, where the heating's not on
I shiver, go up to my room - where it's freezing too - so I turn the heating on and go back down to make dinner
about 20 minutes later, dinner's ready and instead of eating in the cold kitchen, I went back up to eat in my room
... where it's still freezing :(
confused, I touched the heating, which is obviously cold as well
... darn... :(
luckily I have an emergency heater for emergency heating moments... like this one

so, problem #1 more or less solved


but then there's problem #2: where to eat?
it wasn't a matter of extreme hording situations - although I came close :) - but there were (and still are) construction works in progress in my room
* and again, I stress "in progress" *
I've been living on a construction yard, with my furniture more or less covered underneath a plastic wrap
not quite the definition of fun
but ok... in the end I found a place

problem #2 solved as well


a bit later I wanted to go to the bathroom and I remember sighing in relief cause the day before the plumber did finish that one: toilet *check*, sink *check* and working shower *no check yet, cause I wanted to shower in the morning, but no water whatsoever came out*
but anyway I have a working toilet...

... until... I open the bathroom door... and I discover... there's a leak... there's water on the floor
oh come on, you gotta be kidding me
too pissed to clean it up *that's for the stupid plumber* I slam the door to go back to my room to ventilate my frustrations on facebook


but facebook didn't respond... all of the sudden no internet... nothing
connection to the world wide web was lost
the only ventilation I had left was to open the window... no... blistering cold

Assembly League of bad luck in one evening...

and nonetheless, there was only one thing, I could think about
*okay, two... I admit*

that day, the foundations of my existence were made: my parents met each other 37 years ago

... wonderful feeling :)


the other thing on my mind... that guy...

No comments:

Post a Comment