Thursday, January 24, 2013

@ work - part II

situation sketch:
8h30, on the stairs, on my way to the 8th floor
just a matter of a little bit of daily exercise...

out of breath I reach floor 7 1/2, where there is no light
this is normal, cause the light has been broken ever since I started working there (possibly even longer)

heaving myself up the last 10 steps, I notice the light on the 8th floor doesn't work as well
which is less normal

I open the first door to my floor - no light; very abnormal - and the second - no lights either

that was my clue for realizing something was actually wrong
even more when the electricity cabine is open and two masculin legs are coming out of it
*no worries, nobody got electrocuted... it was only a technician

people come and go: electrians, technicians, instruction givers (recognizable by their lack of blue overalls)...
every once in a while the light pops back on *accompanied by an "aaaah" from several islands
couple minutes later another light pops on *sad to say this one is the emergency light - sign for working in the dark on laptop batteries

batteries that last for 4 hours... 
... makes me wonder what we'll be doing in the afternoon if the problem won't be fixed

in the afternoon the electricity is fixed...
... they found the problem

we can start reloading batteries...

on one condition...

... one related to the problem mentioned before

... cause the electricity fails...

... when the heating is on

it's -5° outside...

joy...

No comments:

Post a Comment