Tuesday, February 21, 2012

the only one - part III


summer passes, nice weather (yes even in Belgium), holidays to Slovakia, start of a new year
bonding with the first master students, living the eternal quest for an internship and thesis topic, meeting old friends etc etc

absolutely nothing reminded me of JT or whatever other guy, UNTIL...



*probably Than_I or a friend of the choir or a kiss goodbye from the last facebook conservation right before you logged out…*

JT…

0_o

*WHAT THE FUCK????*

“hey, long time no see *REALLLY* how are you? still alive and kicking? *followed by, and I quote again* why didn’t you answer my last message? *how are you? still shitfaced? (apparently yes)* do you feel like going for a drink next week

why oh why did my parents teach me to be a decent girl???? – I answered (you probably think I’m nuts and I don’t blame you)

“sure, why not, I’m available, just let me know when you are”

now, I underlined the words “next week” in JT’s message for a reason
as you might suspect my level of skepticism reached levels of unseen proportions, and even that is a huge euphemism

and it increased even more when on the following Friday night of partying… who appears in the same bar… YES OH YES… JT
*mmm, forgot how short he was*

a couple of hours, some small talk (but NO drinks) and five weeks of text messaging later I ask him about his understanding notion “week”
*if my weeks lasted as long as his did, WOW I would have SOOOO much time to spend… nice outlook…*
“I know, my schedule is so busy *really? oh, strange, I had no idea at all*, last two weeks I had to go abroad for my job, three weekends ago I had a family weekend, the week before that a football tournament” …

now, I absolutely don’t have any clue anymore if I answered to that message or not
good illustration of how little he interested me anymore

you know, if he would be the only one – the only member of his football team (which would make it into a one man show, not a team), the only employee of his boss who has work for 10, the only family member of all families in Leuven and surroundings – it would explain his busy schedule – all alone running around up and down the field (which football players do anyway, but whatever), sucking up your boss’ ass…
but to me the concept of “wanting something” implies making an effort and pulling some strings


so… to make a long story short: dude! find somebody your own size, so you can put her in your sports bag and take her to your training sessions or try to fit her in your suitcase and take her abroad with you
don’t waste my time, doll…


PS: when he says abroad he means the Netherlands (vs. Belgium)…
did a Waddeneiland-seal knock you down? did you get food poisoning from a “crocket from the wall”? did the windmills block your wifi?

PPS: last week I received a text message... from JT

2 comments: