Wednesday, February 29, 2012

colour and people

it's quite interesting to see what colours do to people...


average reaction to my colours: "oh, you're so nice and colourful"
or "you make me happy"
or "I should do that too"

all reactions I really appreciate :)
I make people smile and that's the intention in the end


these are the people who love them and go nuts


from time to time I hear: "ah yes, colours, it's fashionable now right"
to which I reply: "I created that trend... I do this for years"
or "is it spring already?" - "no mam, but winter's no reason for me to look like a wilted flower"


these are the people who like colours for others but not for themselves

and then... there are two more categories

people who don't know colours
recognizable on the eyes going rapidly up and down and left and right and up and down again, starting when they spot you from a short distance of 5m *brains make an alert to be attentive*
while passing by the eyes keep on moving rapidly looking to every little corner of the outfit *danger danger, no grey to be spotted* the mouth opens up *this can't be true* and the head turns *WHAT IS THIS*
... it's called colour
... it's natural
... it's normal
... don't worry, I'm no alien, I will not abduct you to a place were there's no "safety" grey

and then there are people who don't like colours
recognizable on the frown, including a disapproving look with a hint of catholic guilt thinking *oh sinful girl, attracting so much attention, quickly say your prayers or you'll burn in hell* I smile *oh nooooo, she's happy, dear lord*
... look the other way if you don't like it
... I am who I am, COLOURFUL AND HAPPY :D

just be happy, don't worry, colours or no colours

No comments:

Post a Comment