Saturday, February 18, 2012

the only one - part II

we’re on the plane to Jordan… butterfly stomach (because of the airplane and the trip of course)
we’re all crazy about the opportunity, feeling like a toddler in a toy store, we’re gonna see Petra! PETRA!!!
Yeah baby!!

on the bus to Petra I get a text message: my mum and dad already sent a message, as did my best friend and aunt… mmm, which friend or family member is wishing me a good trip?
oh lord… it’s JT *DUDE, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD*
“I feel stupid for not meeting any more, I hope I can I see you when you come back?”

feeling like I just suffered a blunt force trauma to the head and because I’m busy with far more interesting things (including setting boundaries for the Petra Archaeological Park, and having tea on top of a mountain with view on the most magnificent rock formations and Israel), I don’t answer

two weeks later when we’re returning and … guess what… I get another message: “are you returning this weekend or next? can we meet?”
now now, he’s persistent
many of you would call me nuts, but I agreed to meet again
which we actually did! believe it or not, a week later he’s both in the country, available for more than 7 minutes, not going to a football game, not playing football AND not meeting friends

eye contact, chitchatting, kiss goodbye (again no details required) and agreeing to meet again (I am more skeptical than I have ever been)

skepticism seemed legitimate 
after again six weeks of texting back and forth, me doing (too) many efforts to actually suggest some dates, the following text message conversation occurs:
-me: “hey, I’m going partying tonight, let me know if I you’re in town” (*which he said before he would be*)
-JT: “great, will do!”
about 7 hours later, I go home, it’s 3AM
-me: “hey, still alive and kicking? I’m at home now”
THEN mister Incredible answers *and I quote* “I’m shitfaced at a party in W. Come this way”

… 0_o

now THAT felt like a blunt force trauma
safe to say I didn’t reply… not then, not a week later, not a month later
case closed

BUT…

to be continued (I’m not joking)

No comments:

Post a Comment