Monday, January 16, 2012

the quest

personal quest of the year: self-confidence in singing

according to ... (wanted to say popular, but that might seem like I'm bragging) ... my friends' opinion, I have a nice voice
first of all: they walked in on me while I was singing, or heard me somewhere I didn't notice it
my brain/body/soul or whatever seems to have an ultra-sonar radar scanning my environment every second on the presence of humans with ears, cause once I notice someone hears me singing, a defence mechanism is activated and my volume goes from 10 to -6
(the minus meaning red cheeks, something seeming to throttle me and the general feeling of "I wanna be invisible for the next three weeks)

step 1: record yourself and don't die of laughter when relistening
day 1: fail... needed resuscitation

step 2: relisten the recordings over and over again
day 2-4: ok, we're getting used to it, although it seems unbelievably weird

step 3: let a dear friend you trust hear the recordings
day 5: great, she didn't laugh at me (thanx Than_I :))

step 4: DON'T let an acquiantance hear the recordings
day 6: fail... he laughed

step 5: start over again

step 6: try new songs
day 7: he! found a song that fits my voice... fuck the acquaintance :p

step 7: choose a song you wanna perform life for the conductors of your choir
day 8-13: oh f*ck serious dilemma

step 8: don't think, just sing
day 14: coming up next Sunday (fingers crossed for me please)

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha!Recognise :p Ik heb mijn nieuwjaarsbrief ingezonge :p Da was ook wennen ze :p

    ReplyDelete