Tuesday, October 16, 2012

people on the bus - part I

winter's coming in again, colour's disappearing...
today, the only bright colours I spotted on the bus, was when I looked down on my own orange coat and red boots

oh.. and when I looked to the girls on my right eating candy
*for the record, not the girls were colourful, the candy was... and smelling disgustingly sweet (again the candy, not the girls)*

of course I couldn't help but overhear their conversations, particularly the one on 'age'...
let me reconstruct from the part I started eavesdropping:


-Blondie: "she's mega-old you know"
*I suppose you can imagine what caught my attention*
-Brunette: "you think she's mega-old??? I'm really close to that you know! it's only three more years for me!"


ok... short conversation, I know... but my imagination jumped on the editorial train :)
first of all, what age is mega-old?
I didn't hear the particular age the B&B were referring to, so I had to guess
I suppose Blondie herself must have been 21, for she claimed 22 to become "the best year"
*pretty sad, I think, when after 22 nothing in her life will ever be as good as it was when she was 22...*
and Brunette was definitely not much older than Blondie *my guess is 22*
so all adds up to the age of... 25... mmm
I'm older than mega-old... interesting...

also, I must have missed the tendency in juvenile slang to refer to particular ages with a binary prefix...
wonder if there's kilo-old, tera-old, or even peta-old or exa-old...

and if I'm older than mega-old...
does that make me giga-old?

No comments:

Post a Comment