Thursday, February 7, 2013

the mirror gang - part I

I've been dieing to blog about this, about the mirror gang... it's over now, so let's say this is a proper time to write the story of January 2013

for a couple of weeks - or weekends, actually - something's been growing inside of  me
I'll be more precise: a nest of butterflies

the last month was one for the archives
one of the most crazy wonderful adventures of my life
a month which I'll NEVER forget!
one that granted me new and most amazing friends




I participated in a new TV-quiz; one with more than 100 participants
the concept is actually of irrelevance... I wanna tell the story behind the scenes

It started in the beginning of December with a test-run. So for the first time all 100 of us came together. Nobody knew anybody; neither did I.
So when I arrived, about 90% of the people were there. I took a long shot and placed myself at a random table; the one with the people I was most attracted to. Faith put me at the table of people from West-Flanders, the completely other side of the - I know, Belgium's small , but still - country.
Nonetheless I didn't feel uncomfortable... au contraire.
Bit by bit more and more people trickled in. Some of them joined another table, others went to sit on the side by theirselves.
While we were waiting for the recordings to start, I was talking with Maggy *awesome gal*, one of the girls at my table, and we both agreed that one guy on the side looked a bit lonely and sad. At the same time - I'm not joking - we both turned around, called him and told him to join "our" table.
That was the moment I met D.; at first sight a though guy, but truly a little teddybear.
*D., if you ever read this, don't believe my words; you're just a though guy, nothing cute about you... you're a strong, sturdy dude ;)

the recordings were delayed - a cue for the rest of the month - so we kept on chatting, talking, gossiping (already ^_^), jabbering - equally a cue for the rest of the month
the foundations for life long friendships were made

TO BE CONTINUED

1 comment: