Wednesday, April 25, 2012

at the movies: the movie

I almost forgot, but I actually saw a movie too after those 15 minutes of my life I'll never get back ;)

not just any movie, Titanic 3D!
now, I got pretty high expectations of it... seeing the stern of the ship go down in 3D must be mindblowing! it's already impressive in 2D!

rather quickly I noticed that my expectations wouldn't be fulfilled...
very few 3D depth, but oh... yes... the subtitles were ...ehm... coming forward

ah well... it's been 14 years since I've seen it, so let's enjoy and relax

we're somewhat halfway through the movie: Jack drawing Rose's portrait, the old Rose admitting that was the most erotic moment of her life... the entire audience being as intrigued as the crew of the submarines in this moment of Backfisch romance...
when ALL OF THE SUDDEN some idiot song starts playing...

"huh"??? is what I hear
"see you after 10 minutes break" is what pops up on the screen

:(

COME ON! talking about a pleasure kill...
it's not that hard to hold your pee for 3 hours!... even with all the water on the screen ;)
but apparently it is, cause about one third of the audience got up and left...

anyway, after the 10 minutes the movie continued
but oh... judging from the sound there was another reason for the break: refill of popcorn and chips... and judging from the smell also yoghurt??? (who eats yoghurt in the cinema?)

so the movie continued
and you all know the story, don't think I need to go into detail about that...
ship hits iceberg - ship goes down - Rose is saved - ...
... and "the old lady dropped it into the ocean in the end"
(this is not me talking, I quote a Backfisch on the seat behind mine... and "Oops, I did it again" gets stuck in my head... NOOOOOO)

the closing credits... the first notes of "My heart will go on"... (goosebumps, can't help it)
Celine Dion starts singing... as does a set of tough alphamales three rows in front of me :D

... now that's new :D

I left the theatre with a smile


PS: a Backfisch is a word for a young, immature teenage girl

No comments:

Post a Comment